Personal Training aGreement
Congratulations on your decision to improve your health, well-being and lifestyle by participating in a professional exercise programme through MD Fitness at Anytime Fitness provided by Danny Burt.
With the help of MD Fitness, you will greatly improve your ability to accomplish your training goals faster, safer and correctly with maximum benefits. The knowledge shared during our training sessions can be used by you over a lifetime.
In order to gain the full benefit and maximise your progress with MD fitness, it will be necessary for you to follow programme guidelines during personal training sessions and if applicable, unsupervised training days from our supplied programme. Remember, a combination of exercise and healthy eating is equally important for a successful journey. In order to achieve maximum benefits it is recommended that 2 sessions per week with MD Fitness be subscribed to. However, due to scheduling conflicts and financial considerations, combinations of supervised and unsupervised workouts are possible. Of course, the choice is yours.
If you want to know more about different supplements, then have a chat with us so that we can recommend the right ones for you and provide you with discounts. Please support our sponsor, www.musclex.co.nz and use the discount code mdfit at checkout to save on your orders.
We encourage you to join our Facebook page for extra tips and tricks, and of course additional support. www.facebook.com/mdfitnessnz
At all times while exercising under the supervision of MD Fitness, you agree to follow instructions to optimise safety. This includes adhering to the preparation and recovery practices that are detailed below plus any additional information issued to you to enhance your safety.
You agree that MD Fitness can consider all and any referral information we receive from allied health professionals and that we can share any written information with any allied health professional required, so we can receive advice and support to ensure your safety as much as practicable.
You agree to notify MD Fitness immediately when any matter relating to your health, wellness, fitness, injury status and/or medical status changes.
Rest: Prior to attending a training session with MD Fitness, it is required that you are well rested and have not done any high-intensity activity within 24 hours of our session (except where our session is a scheduled recovery session).
Nutrition: At least 1 hour, but not longer than 2 hours prior to attending a training session with MD Fitness, it is required that you have eaten a large snack or small meal (preferably low fat and low to medium GI) and had at least 500 ml of water unless otherwise stated. (Fasted exercise)
Injury or illness: Prior to attending a training session with MD Fitness, it is required that you are not injured or ill.
Preparedness: Where any of the above preparations have not occurred or if illness or injury is an issue, you agree to notify me immediately on your arrival, if not by phone or text in advance. Where illness or injury is present, we will discuss options when you contact me.
Education: MD Fitness have provided additional material through our Business Facebook page https://facebook.com/mdfitnessnz, that will support your goals. We recommend you follow our page to gain additional free knowledge that we post regularly.
Rest: Following your session, it is required that you rest for at least 24 hours before taking part in any other vigorous exercise. You are encouraged to get an early night and at least 8 hours’ sleep after your sessions.
Nutrition: It is advised that you have something to eat as soon as possible after your session. This will aid in your recovery. For best results we recommend protein, protein is to repair and rebuild the tissues of your body, including damaged muscle fibres. It is also important to drink lots of water, up to a litre. We can offer weight loss nutrition advice if you are interested.
Injury or illness: Should you become ill or injured during or within a few hours of our session, you should immediately contact your health professional and notify Danny by phone or text. If you find you are having any form of chest pain, shortness of breath, feeling faint or suffering a loss of coordination, then you should immediately call 111 and rest until the ambulance arrives. It may be nothing, but if it isn’t then your life may depend on early action.
Prepaid (casual rate, pay as you go) $65.00 per hour
Prepaid (casual rate, pay as you go)(2 x Sessions) $120.00 per week
Programme Design (per programme) $55.00 6 week cycle
Programme Introduction $65.00 (1 to 1½ hours) (Can only be purchased with Programme Design)
Fitness Testing $45.00 (45 minutes)
Consultation $45.00 (30-45 minutes)
Special Short Term Rate Packages (1 session per week)
MD Fit 1 $185.00 3 sessions
MD Fit 2 $245.00 4 sessions
MD Fit 3 $360.00 6 sessions
Short Term Sessions must be used consecutively.
(Minimum 3-month term)
MD Fit 1m $220.00 1 session per week
MD Fit 2m $440.00 2 sessions per week
MD Smash HIIT $37.50
Payment types accepted are Bank Transfer, Credit Card (Paypal) and Cash.
Credit Card Payments may be subjected to a 2.8% transaction charge.
All costs of collection of any outstanding payments will be met by the client.
All monthly plans have a 3-month minimum term.
All short term plans are either 1 session per week or 2 depending on your chosen plan.
All long term plans shall not exceed 4-months eg MD Fit 2b (18 sessions) and 3c (27 sessions) (No longer available)
MD Fitness charges are prepaid in advance, (unless otherwise stated) before your session.
You will still be charged as follows for a booked session if you cancel.
Within 24 hours of the scheduled session – full charge or session
Within 36 hours of the scheduled session – half charge or half session
Please talk with us in advance if you need to reschedule or change your appointment. (Subject to availability)
*Cancellation fees will only be waived under certain circumstances because of the time and planning that has gone into the PT planning session.
A scheduled session is still chargeable and can’t be carried forward without prior arrangement and approval.
If your PT cancels due to personal circumstances or sickness your session will carry forward.
It is important to note that any special deal offered by MD Fitness is for new customers only, unless otherwise specified. Often these promotions may run in conjunction with events within the gym, or deals for quiet times of the year.
With any promotional product, the price reduction will have conditions applied. Please make sure you understand the conditions before purchasing any deal that may be on offer.
It is important to note that all short term plans and special deals are PT led sessions only, no plans are provided.
A client describes a person actively or currently using MD Fitness. If you are currently not using MD Fitness services and have in the past, you can still take advantage of any specials we may be running. Same conditions will apply as if a new client.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CLIENT
As a client, you have the following rights:
1. Right to withdraw from exercise and/or this programme at any time under any circumstances. Note this does not extend to the right to extinguish contracts held with the club or trainer in any other manner, such as membership contracts and their terms.
2. Full rights under the Privacy Act. All information collected by your trainer is for the explicit use in designing and implementing an exercise programme for your benefit. This information will not be shared with other parties without your prior permission. This information will be stored by MD Fitness and will be available at your request. Note: All personal information is not stored at the Gym and generally we use electronic data collection.
3. Training programmes can be stored with other members programmes within the gym or taken home. We recommend leaving these at the gym for easier access. Note: Other members will have access to these if they choose to look through your programme. All PT led sessions do not require you to have your programme at hand.
4. Right to complain about any matter that gives you concern. Complaints in the first instance should be raised with the party directly involved. Where a suitable resolution cannot be found, complaints should be raised with the appropriate agency under general law.
1. I understand that Personal Trainers operate on a prepaid basis and all sessions must be paid for in advance. Bookings will not be confirmed until payment has been received by my Trainer unless otherwise stated.
2. I understand that once my Trainer and I have agreed upon the most appropriate training programme/package that payment must be made before the sessions are conducted. I understand that failure to make a payment will result in my sessions being forfeited.
3. I understand that all prepaid block sessions and packages have a completion date. Outstanding sessions will not be carried over the completion date unless a prior agreement has been made with the Trainer.
4. I understand that I must contact my Trainer directly to cancel or change booked sessions. I understand that if I need to cancel a training session (even a free consultation) I will need to contact my Trainer within 24 hours of our session time. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice, will incur a full charge. I understand that cancellations for prepaid block sessions and packages which I have already started will incur a 25% charge for any outstanding sessions to cover time spent by my trainer, developing and planning my programme.
5. I understand all sessions will last 1 hour unless otherwise stated and will start and finish on time. I also understand that my Trainer may not be able to provide a full hour if I am late for a session. However, if my Trainer is late for a session, I will still receive the full session time or have the outstanding time added to another session.
6. I understand the results of any training programme or coaching course cannot be guaranteed and my progress depends on my effort and cooperation in and outside of the sessions. In particular, I acknowledge that individual results may vary and no particular result is guaranteed by my Trainer
7. I understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a programme of strenuous exercise. If I sustain or claim to sustain an injury while participating in the fitness programme. I acknowledge that the club is not responsible, except where the injury was caused by the gross negligence or intentional act of my Trainer.
8. I certify that my answers to the questions outlined in the Pre-Activity Questionnaire form are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to inform my Trainer of any conditions or changes in my health, now and ongoing, which might affect my ability to exercise safely and with minimal risk of injury.
9. I understand that in the unlikely event of my Trainer being unable to continue my training, I can have my sessions transferred to another similar Trainer who agrees to take over my training or I can request a full refund from my existing trainer for any unfulfilled sessions.
10. I understand that Personal Trainer’s are self-employed, independent, freelance trainers. I acknowledge that in engaging a Personal Trainer’s I am entering into a contract with him/her alone and not with any other company or subsidiary companies, and that any claim I may have to recover any fee paid in advance will be solely against the trainer to whom payment was made.
11. I declare that I have read and understood my rights and obligations and consent to taking part in this exercise programme and indemnify my trainer/consultant against all liabilities. I also agree to adhere to the policies set out above at all times and the directions of my trainer/consultant. I confirm I wish to pay as outlined in the Personal Training Agreement panel for the term defined therein. For the purposes of this agreement, I confirm that information contained within my client log and other training documentation can be used by an assessor from a Registered Training Organisation for the purposes of assessing my Personal Trainer’s competence.
Refunds will not apply to any downloadable product offered by MD Fitness.
If an error occurs on our website contact us immediately to fix the issue.
All private information is kept secure and not sold to any 3rd party organisation.
Your invoice or prepaid invoice will be sent to you by Oraco Solutions Limited, representing MD Fitness – this will be sent shortly after the completion of our terms and conditions being accepted. We should already have your sign up details by this stage, if not please sign up first.
I declare that I have read and understood the MD Fitness Terms and Conditions. By submitting the below form I accept this agreement in waiver of my signature.2